Saturday, August 13, 2011

Melting Sea Ice & My Lack of Posting

So I have completely ignored the whole idea of having an active blog (I still hate the word blog).  It's not as if I have an actually following or readership, but I guess you have to be active to do so.  I meant to post all my rants I get on on here, but that didn't last long.  I was also going to pull out all my archived rants and post them here too for the world to see just how crazy a person can be with their thought process.  Plus, I need practicing writing and putting my thought on "paper" (and to practice proofreading and editing).  Most rants end up on Facebook or as a comment on some website and that's were they stop.  NOT TODAY!  It's time I get back at it and end any future in politics before it starts!  And what better way to kick it back off than with GLOBAL CLIMATE WARMING CHANGE!!!  


Melting Arctic Ice
13 August 2011
Tullahoma, Tennessee

In response to:
Arctic Sea Ice News & Analysis
Dr. Jeff Masters' WunderBlog on Rapid Arctic Sea Ice Loss
1962 Exxon Ad


If you're one that doesn't believe in climate change/global warming/whatever-the-popular-terminology-of-the-time-is or don't have an opinion or don't know what to think, you need to look at the data.  I know, data is boring to many, but if you want to have an opinion worth a shit, you must know it.

You wanna know why the weather in the U.S., or more specifically in your neck of the woods, has been pretty screwy the last several months, this is why.  Remember all that flooding?  Things like this are contributing factors.  Montana saw record snowfall and there was/is record heat in the South. A lot of abnormal weather patterns lately. Climate change/global warming means changes in the weather patterns you're use to.  Some places will see more than others.  Some will even be welcomed.  The usage of the term, "unseasonal" increases.

It's more than just a couple of degrees [Celsius] of warming and melting ice. (And as a reminder, just because winter still occurs and even record lows are recorded in some places, it's about the OVERALL GLOBAL temperature.  The Earth is always seeking equilibrium and if it's really cold somewhere, it's going to be really hot somewhere else.  Remember matter is neither created nor destroyed and the planet is on a tilted axis, seasons, blah blah blah.)  Right now we are in a period of climate destabilization.  We certainly haven't been as stable as the weather on a planet like Jupiter, but we've had a pretty generalized pattern of weather for each region on Earth for quite a while now with any changes usually be very gradual (not even traceable over a human lifetime even).  This just means there will be larger swings in weather for some places, and it will be harder to forecast its coming.  The Earth is a HUGE system from the view of one small human on it.  It takes time for it to respond to a given change in the equation.   If you want to talk CO2 emissions, scientists believe there is around a 50-year feedback timeframe before we see its full effects on the global system.  Man, science is so fun and interesting!  I wish someone would have made this apparent when I was growing up:/  Some got close, but...oh look, a squirrel...I wonder if it...oh, Looney Tunes is on!  

The of the main reasons the U.S. has more deniers than any other country is because money controls what we think and do more so than other countries.  That, and we are a little lazier when it comes to news and paying attention to important topics.  Pop culture wins more often than things of actual importance.  But, one can ignore or deny all they want.  The Earth is going to continue on doing what it has done for a few billion years--evolve.  It doesn't need humans (although we have sure given it a helping hand on this go-around).

And what rant on climate gate would be complete without an Al Gore reference to give deniers something easier to talk about!  Al Gored!  *Note: I do not use Al Gore as a source for my climate related references.  Although I do believe he means well and isn't making things up, I prefer to get my data from climate scientists; NOT oil industry geologists, TV meteorologists, political scientists, economic experts or Prof. Glenn Beck.  Al Gore no more than a reporter or educator in this regard.  Just like I will not settle with what I hear on the news or read in some random place on the internet, I go to the source.   

No comments:

Post a Comment